"…and Nanny Ogg could fit in faster than a dead chicken in a maggot factory." Discworld, Maskerade, Terry Pratchett
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
i love crows so much
crows are amazing
My favorite legend is that crows are the souls of the dead
crows are the coolest shit
crow for prez
Though we aren’t the biggest source of crow facts online you can find more crow facts here on nowyoukno
I saw that thing with the masks too. Didn’t they come back years later with a new generation of crows and the new crows knew too.
lalachan2100 and I were looking through kids shows and Netflix and both of us squealed at seeing Woody the Woodpecker. We are now watching it.
Note on the bottom picture… I’m not sure where this is but I know in Greece (or at least the island of Crete) it’s custom to drive half over the line, because roads can suddenly get narrow without warning and you need to leave as much room as possible for people to pass. Driving half on the shoulder is telling cars behind you that you can be passed safely and you won’t cut them off. If you don’t drive on the shoulder the people behind you will honk at you and yell about stupid tourists.
So honestly wherever that gif is, it’s entirely possible that’s just the custom there.
The car is upside down…
EVEN IF YOU DON’T LIKE THRIFT SHOP LISTEN TO THIS SHIT!
seriously guys, listen to this
this sounds like the background music you’d hear in a movie as the camera leads you around a bustling marketplace in the 17- or 1800s and it leads to the sight of a bunch of sailors hoisting and tossing around a bunch of packages on a ship getting ready to set sail for adventure
Things that come to my mind when I hear this:
- Composers breakdancing
Reblogging for complete agreement with last comment.
Lulu is watching Jynx very carefully out of the corner of her eye. Making sure Jynx doesnmt come too close before she can run away.